that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Contentment

I have recently had a verse on my mind. It is the verse in Philippians that speaks about contentment. The verse is Philippians 4:11 and says, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am therewith to be content." I have been having a struggle of late with being content. I am also focusing too much on the future and not enough in the present. So I have thought of that verse a lot lately. I think of Paul and it is hard not to wonder, how could he be content with his lot in life? It is quite a verse to focus on. When I think of the persecuted church, I think that I  would struggle with contentment if I was in their place. Another verse I found about contentment is 1Timothee 6:6, " But godliness with contentment is great gain." I think I am going to put those verses up on the wall.

(a side note...I have been having trouble with comments left on my blog...some cannot leave comments and sometimes I post a comment that has been left and then it doesn't show. I hope that it will be fixed soon. Thanks for stopping by. )

No comments:

Post a Comment