that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Randomness

I thought I would share some random things today.

Our seven year old is sent to wash his hands. He comes out of the bathroom and I ask
Me:"Did you use soap?"
The Boy:"no"
Me:"When I send you to wash your hands I want you to use soap".
The Boy:"But I don't want to waste it".
The boy was sent to wash his hands again...with soap.

A Blessing:
My wonderful Hubby and I are at the grocery store. I need baking supplies. I am almost out of flour. The commissary is out of all purpose flour. Ugh!! They have little ity bitty bags of flour and expensive organic flour. I look and think that I see a pack of flour that is all purpose...the regular size. There are two left...all purpose flour to which my husband proclaims "Praise the Lord". That was a blessing!

We are still finishing up our crafts and boxes to send home. Still hoping that they will make it home by Christmas. Can't mail any packages until tuesday...the post office is closed until then and then I'm not sure we'll get them out before the end of the week anyways.

I have some posts to post, but am waiting for the pictures to add to them. We are working with the laptop because our house is so small that when the Christmas tree goes up, the main computer comes down. Tho the tree looks so much prettier than the computer.

The hamster and our seven year old:
Our hamster is mean. He bites. He is a fat little critter that is spoiled in a luxury hamster home with food and carrots. He even has a little ball to run around in. But he bites. So he is more for the kids to look at than to touch. Well one day we find our seven year old holding the hamster. I am surprised that he can hold him and the hamster doesn't bite him. Well come another day and the seven year old picks up the hamster only to have it bite him. He washes his hand and I bandage it. He goes back to the hamster cage and has a talk with the hamster and then...picks the hamster up...only to be bitten again. Boys sometimes have to learn the hard way. He doesn't like the hamster as much now. I think we need a new hamster.

That's all for now. Hope to have some new posts up this week. Hope you are all having a great holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. We had a biting hampster when we were kids too. Man, those bites hurt too!

    I liked the flour story. It's so neat how God cares about the little things.

    ReplyDelete