that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, April 18, 2012



TO MY GROWN UP CHILD

My hands were busy through the day.
I didn't have much time to play
The little games you asked me to;
I didn't have much time for you.
I'd wash your clothes, I'd sew and cook,
But when you'd bring your picture book,
And ask me please to share your play
I'd say, "A little later in the day."
I'd tuck you in all safe at night,
And hear your prayers, turn out the light,
Then tiptoe softly to the door...
I wish I'd stayed a little more.
For life is short, the years rush past...
A little child grows up so fast.
They are no longer at your side,
Their precious secrets to confide.
The picture books are put away.
No goodnight kiss, no prayers to hear...
That all belongs to yesteryear.
My hands, once busy, now are still.
The days are long and hard to fill.
I wish I could go back and do
The little things you asked me to.
                    -Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment