that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Monday, November 22, 2010

Reading Books


Our kids love to have books read to them. A while ago I bought a set of the Little House on the Prairie books. We are reading thru them together. The kids sit on the couch or sit on the floor with popcorn while I read to them. The little guys might not understand all that we are reading, but I think that it helps them learn to love reading. I hope that when our kids are older that they all love reading. Anyways I thought that I would post up some of our books we like.
Toot and Puddles by Holly Hobbie
Thomas and Friends
Curious George by H.A. Rey
Dr Seuss

Would love to hear what some of your favorite books are.

3 comments:

  1. I hope our son has a love for reading too. I should get that Thomas book! He loves Thomas.

    We have a pop-up book that we really like called, The Very Busy Bear. We also love The Jesus Storybook Bible -it is wonderful!!

    When he's a little older I'm looking forward to reading some of my favorites from when I was a kid to him.. The Boxcar Children & The Indian in the Cupboard were two I really loved. I can't wait until he's ready for The Hobbit and The Chronicles of Narnia!

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea,
    Yes I love the boxcar children. They are great books! Our oldest son loves to read those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in a home without television, and learned at a young age to LOVE reading! I remember my Mom sitting by my bed at night reading until she fell asleep...our daughter has learned to love reading as well...it's a wonderful "hobby"!

    I don't know if your children are girls or boys, (I just found your blog) but the Anne of Green Gables series is a good one to keep in mind for later...and the "I Spy" books are a great way to develop interest in books even though there isn't much reading involved.

    ReplyDelete