that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

We're Back!

Wow! It has been a long time since I have posted here. It has been a busy couple of months. It is so good to have a baby in the house again. The kids all love him and they all want to comfort him when he cries. Our youngest has been so sweet to our new little one. He is always trying to give the new baby his things. So sweet! We had Grandma and Grandpa come to visit. They flew all the way over here to see their newest grandson and of course to see the other kids too. We had a great visit with them. They got to see more of the cultural side of the island this time. Grandma and I and our daughter also had fun scrapbooking and making jewelry. It was our little girls first time scrapbooking and she loved it. I think she will scrapbook for life!  :) Grandma and I also made salt at the salt factory.
We have been getting back into a school routine again. I think we are all looking forward to summer. I am hoping that we can finish school before we move. It's so much easier moving without school. We have been busy deciding where we will visit on our way to our next base, and how we will get our van etc... All the fun things about moving. I grew up as a military brat, so I am use to moving and I love it. I usually get the itch to move every couple of years. I think my hubby is worried that we will buy a house one day and then I will get the itch to move again!  :) I am starting to look forward to laying down some roots and calling one place home...tho we aren't at that point yet.
We can't wait for the rain to stop and summer to arrive. We have had tons of rain and cold weather. The kids want to be able to go outside and play with no coats and no shoes...(yes we let our kids go barefoot). It's no fun being a kid if you can't get dirty and there is always a bathtub to wash off all the dirt! :)
Well that is all from the island.

2 comments:

  1. Fun to read an update! I was a military brat too. Loved moving and seeing new places and meeting new people. We've been in the same place for 13 years now, and I like it, but still get the itch now and again to live somewhere new. I totally let Jane go barefoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear how things are going! I LOVE that your kids are doting on the new baby. So, so sweet. Wow, I am totally not into moving. I lived in one house my whole life until college then once married my husband and I have been in the same home for going on 9 yrs. Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete