that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, September 9, 2012

'Tis The Time Of Year...

The cooler weather is coming and with it comes delicious fall baking. Since I have all my cookware back and a good majority of it in the kitchen...some had to be left in boxes due to our kitchen being much smaller...I am back to meal planning and looking up new recipes online. I found this neat little website called CopyKat Recipes. I am planning to try the Spagetti Warehouse Stuffed Bruschetta. Anyways it looks like a great website to get some good "eat out food" without the eat out prices.
The link to it is here http://www.copykat.com/, and the brusschetta link is here
http://www.copykat.com/2012/08/30/spaghetti-warehouse-stuffed-brushetta/.

We had a great time visiting an apple orchard while my sister in law was here last weekend. I am making some cooked apple slices...and I also found a recipe for fried apples. I am planning to make 2 to 3 apple pies this weekend. I am hoping to be able to do some berry picking and I might...maybe try to make some homemade jam. I have to do a little research on it.

We started school last week. Not the smoothest start I have ever had, but I am hoping this week goes a little smoother. I have a lot of new curriculum this year and I think its going to take a bit to adjust to it. I was so proud of my 3rd grader the other day. He really struggles when it comes to writing...especially any type of writing that he has to write a story and come up with his own ideas. This time I had him make up his story...he had to come up with a theme himself, and he did really really good. I was so proud of him.

Well fall is in the air, the cooler weather is here, and with it comes homeschool days, football, baking, and fall crafts and the pumpkin patch...we have missed being able to go to the pumpkin patch.  What a wonderful time of year!!! I would love to hear what you are cooking or baking, or any fun fall activities you are doing. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go picking apples in an orchard! That just screams fall. We don't really have any near us unfortunately, but I do look forward to picking out our pumpkins and making caramel apples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of baking at your house! I have yet to make an apple pie. I too am getting back into the meal planning mindset. I still planned meals over the summer but it was more loosey-goosey; I had the general ideas each week but didn't plan out the nights. Now that fall is here, I'm going to start using my meal board again and mapping it out. Love this time of year! We are taking a little vacation this weekend which should be nice. And our first day of homeschooling today went great!

    ReplyDelete