that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, June 26, 2011

College Football

What is your favorite college football team...or do you follow football? Growing up, I hated football. I hated it when I would wait for a game to end or a quarter to end and it would say 4 minutes and 12 minutes later the game was still going or in overtime or something. When I grew up and got married, I married a man who LOVES football. I have learned over the years to enjoy the games a little more. And even tho I hated football, I had a favorite team, Michigan. My husband is an avid Nebraska Cornhusker fan. This drove him crazy that I liked Michigan. I was not allowed to put any of our children in Michigan clothing. I loved to tease him endlessly about our difference in teams. It was quite fun. But finally I decided that as our children got older that I too needed to become a Husker fan. I didn't want to feel left out, and it did make my husband so happy to have his wife cheering for his team. It was quite rare a couple of years ago for the Huskers and Michigan to play. However this year, they are both in the The Big 12...now know I believe as The Legends. This means that they will be playing against each other...kindof a tough pill to swallow. I can't decide if I will watch any games that they might play together.  :)
Anyways we are Husker fans...what is your families favorite college team...or do you all have different teams?

1 comment:

  1. I love to watch college ball! My favorite teams are TN and AL. They are huge rivals but my mom was born and raised in TN and followed the Vols, and my step-dad was born and raised in AL and bleeds all things Bama-Jama!!! This past season my daughter got a taste of college ball..."Go Bama, Roll Tide!" She LOVES to say this phrase. LOL!

    ReplyDelete