that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Good Read

I recently found a new blog, weird unsocialized homeschoolers. I really liked her blog post entitled Dirty Jobs. You can read it here http://www.weirdunsocializedhomeschoolers.com/2011/05/dirty-jobs.html.
I want to add a few thoughts of my own. I have long thought that our school system should offer trade school for those kids who weren't interested in school. You know, once they hit high school, if they aren't inclined to schoolroom type learning, then why not let them learn a trade? Pare them up with a plummer or electrician, or whatever.  Let them learn the ropes. The tradesman gets free work...a help to him, and the kid learns a trade...valuable to him. There seem to be a lot of kids today who have no interest in school, and who I think oftentimes fall in trouble. Why not put them on a good solid workpath? Anyways it was a great read. I hope you'll go check it out.

1 comment:

  1. She does have a great blog. I used to link up to her Weekly Wrap Up for a long time until I pared down my blog link ups.

    What a great article and good exhortation to support our kids however the Lord leads them, whether college bound or not. I had no idea there was such a huge gap for tradesmen!

    ReplyDelete