that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Rainy Days

It is a cozy rainy day today. I love rainy days. It just makes the house seem so cozy. Makes me want to get a good book and sit on the couch and read. I have been so thankful for the rain, as we are working on finishing our school year, and it's easier to stay inside and do school on these rainy days. We are actually having a typhoon go right by us so that is causing a lot of rain, but it is also the rainy season. So we should see a lot of rain until sometime in June. I was able to sit down with a cup of hot cocoa this morning and work on my menu plan. I really like this planning our meals out. It makes for more delicious dinners. Tonight we are having lumpia and fried rice. A favorite.

I wanted to mention something. I know I talk about our kids a lot, but I never show pictures. I don't like to put pictures of our kids on the internet. I don't do facebook or any of that social media. I don't like strangers looking at our kiddos. That said, I enjoy going to the blogs I read a lot and seeing all the pictures that are shared. So I have been thinking a lot that in a way I would like to share pictures, so that those who follow my blog can see some of what I talk about...like science fairs...with pictures. But I am not ready to post pictures of our kiddos on the internet and may never be. So if you are a regular follower, I hope you understand my reason for not posting pictures of our kiddos out there.

I have been looking longingly at some new dvd's I want to purchase. I want to get Anne of Green Gables and Wind At My Back. I found a website that sells them, but they are a bit pricey. Maybe one at a time. It is harder to find good wholesome entertainment these days, so I think it's worth the money when we find good things to watch...especially when it is family friendly. Do you have any family favorite movies or tv shows? I would love to hear what they are.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your rainy days. I like that coziness too.

    And I get what you mean about posting pictures of your kids. When I post pictures of my son, I try to do it in a way where his face isn't visible. I do a lot of shots of him from behind, and I feel comfortable with that. But I can understand not doing it at all too. I'm not on facebook either and have no desire to be.

    Anne of Green Gables would be so fun to have! I've looked at it too and I've been holding off because of the price, but it is one I definitely would like to have. Have you heard of the movie, The Fox and The Child? It's a really pure, simple, sweet story. Our son loves it and he's only three, but it is something that I think would be fun and interesting for kids of all ages and parents too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sun but rainy days here and there are wonderful for a good book, hot cup of tea, and a cozy nap!

    I don't do Facebook either. I do share a lot of photos on my blog but I'm very careful about locations. I won't post a photo if you can see something that would give a hint to where we live. At one time I was nervous about posting photos of Jane because I was worried about people looking at them with evil intent (blog prowlers). But I realized that prowlers are in the grocery store, parks, churches, etc. They are responsible for their choices, not me. So that's how I decided to let go of that fear.

    Anne of Green Gables is one of my favorites! I don't think Jane is old enough to follow it, though. I'm looking forward to watching it with her when she's a few years older. Jane likes to watch Charlotte's Web. We have the original animated version and the newer version with Dakota Fanning. Both are excellent! Pollyanna is a good family movie. Never get sick of that one! Oh, Facing the Giants is a good one, too. A friend's daughter made a decision to follow Christ after watching it. She was five. If I think of more family movies I will let you know.

    I have a list of clean movies in my profile. Not all are suited for young children, but all are clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with you about rainy days ... I love how it is a natural way to help you slow down and take some down time.

    I admire you for how you are protecting your family with no pictures. There is certainly risk involved in posting them. I'm sure the Lord will lead you in that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, I lost your comment when Blogger wasn't working the other day. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ACK! I lost so much that day. I worked hard on a Mother's Day post, then poof, it was gone. I also spent that day catching up on comments.

    I'm taking a little break from blogging. So very busy with family right now. Will be back soon, though.

    ReplyDelete